On smartphones with the Android operating system, Google Play Store has an important role because it presents a variety of applications to help users’ daily activities, whether for lessons, work, or entertainment.
But usually, some people will feel annoyed if the Google Play Store can’t be opened, especially when they want to update the application. Of course, many factors can cause this problem to occur.
For those of you who are curious about why the Google Play Store cannot be opened, you can see the following information.
Reasons Why Google Play Store Cannot Be Opened
Android operating system problems
One time, sometimes our operating system has a bug that causes some applications to not open at all, one of which is the Google Play Store. To fix this, you can restart the smartphone.
If after restarting the smartphone and Google Play Store still can’t be opened, then you can clear the cache using the following methods:
- First, enter the application or menu Settings.
- On the Page Settings, select menu Apps or App Management.
- On the next page, select Google Play Store.
- Next, select Storage and press the button Clear Cache.
- After the cache is cleared, usually, the Google Play Store is about to open.
- If it still doesn’t want to open, then you can do it Clear Data to clean thoroughly.
Problems with Google Play Store update
If Data and Cache cleaning still fails, then there is a big possibility that a problem occurred while updating the Google Play Store.
For that, you can follow the steps to uninstall the Google Play Store update as follows:
- First, open the application or menu Settings
- Next, select the menu Apps or App Management
- Then, select Google Play Store
- select Force Stop to stop a running application
- Next, press the button Uninstall Update to remove updates
- Google Play Store will return to the previous version, and you need to update again
Full RAM capacity
Usually, when your smartphone runs a lot of applications, the RAM capacity will be close to full, which will affect the performance of the operating system and applications. Usually, RAM that is full will force the Google Play Store to close immediately
To make RAM capacity relieved again, you can issue several applications in the Recent App menu. In addition, you can also use the Free RAM feature from the default Cleaner application that is already available on your smartphone.
Operating system error
If all the methods above still don’t work to open the Google Play Store, the chances are that the operating system or smartphone is in a problem. For this reason, you can do a Factory Reset on your device.
Before the Factory Reset is done, it’s a good idea to back up or backup the data contained on your device. When the data has been backed up, you can immediately perform a Factory Reset on your smartphone.
Usually, Factory Reset is the most effective way to make various problems return to normal because all data and smartphone systems will return to normal.
Those are some reasons why the Google Play Store cannot be opened and how to solve it that the TechHow team can provide. But if you have other interesting solutions, you can write them in the comments below.