Now GPS or Global Positioning System becomes a feature that must be present on a smartphone. With the presence of GPS, users can easily find out where he is and various locations. Even with the help of GPS, smartphone users can be accurately guided from their initial Location to their destination. GPS on smartphones can also be used by online motorcycle taxi applications that allow drivers to know the exact position of the customer.
GPS can also be combined with a map application on a smartphone to make it easier for users to find the right path from the initial Location to the destination with a point by point explanation so as not to get lost at all.
However, we also have to make arrangements on the smartphone to make GPS have high accuracy in order to determine the exact Location. For that, you can see the tutorial as follows.
How to Setting GPS for High Accuracy on Pure Android
- First, open the menu or application Settings on an Android phone
- Then, select the menu Location
- On the next page, Select menu Mode
- Then activate the mode High Accuracy
- Try moving to the map application to see the difference in location lock accuracy
- If the outer circle has a small diameter, then the GPS has tracked it more accurately
Actually not only the map application that can receive the benefits of this mode, but other applications that also use GPS will have a high accuracy of the location point determination. This High Accuracy Mode will utilize GPS combined with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and cellular networks to determine Location.
But if you don’t want to use a combination of High Accuracy mode because it consumes too much battery, you can try Battery Saving mode which determines Location based on Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or cellular network without GPS. While Device Only mode will determine the Location using GPS only.
On OPPO or Samsung cellphones
I also tried it on the OPPO Reno 10x Zoom smartphone and the Samsung Galaxy A21s, which already use Android 10, but with their company’s interface system. It turns out that these two smartphones almost have a similar menu to increase GPS accuracy to be higher.
- First, open the Settings menu or application on HP OPPO or Samsung.
- Next, select the menu Location
- On page Location, seen Location Services already in an active position
- Then, choose Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Scanning on OPPO or HP Improve Accuracy on Samsung smartphones
- On the next page, a menu will appear Wi-Fi Scanning and Bluetooth Scanning which can be activated
- After both are activated, the GPS accuracy on the smartphone will be higher
ColorOS on HP OPPO
OneUI on Samsung
When both of these features are activated, HP OPPO or Samsung will use a combination of GPS with cellular networks, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth to determine the point of position accurately. You could say this way is easy to do, even though it’s your first time using an Android smartphone.
But if you have other tricks to improve GPS accuracy on an Android smartphone, then you can write it down in the comments column below.