How to take screenshots on laptops and PCs – Confused with how to screenshot on a laptop or PC? Actually the answer will be known by searching through the web. However, not everything presented on the web can match the type of laptop you have.
Therefore, you must be very clever in choosing how to screenshot on a laptop. So, the method chosen really fits the laptop you have. Various laptop brands on the market, making more and more people do not understand how to screenshot laptop screens properly.
To help you, several ways to screenshot on a laptop will be explained Windows 7 and Windows 10 with various brands on this occasion. Intrigued by the clear way? Wait a little more and the answer will be found soon, in the next section.
How to take a screenshot on a laptop with the Snip & Sketch application
Techhow.com – There are many ways to screenshot on real laptops and PCs. But the practical and easy way is to use the default Windows software, namely applications Snipping Tool or now it has changed to Snip & Sketch.
To find out the detailed steps, please pay attention to step by step how to screenshot your PC / laptop screen as we have discussed below.
- For the first step, you have to determine the screen of your laptop that will be screenshot. Suppose you want to capture the Spotify screen, then focus on the Spotify application window on your laptop.
- Next, press the button Windows or Start at the bottom left corner of the screen and type Snip & Sketch and click on the results provided.
- When the application is open, you have two options for taking a screenshot of the laptop screen. Namely by clicking the button New at the top of the app or press the keyboard shortcut key combination Windows + Shift + S then you will be able to choose whichever screenshot you want to screenshot.
- After successful and getting the screenshot image you want, next is to save the image to your laptop. The trick is to press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + S it will display the directory where your screenshot is saved.
- You can also change the file name and save the screenshot of your desktop screen to any directory / folder you want.
- And done, good luck.
Apart from using the Snip & Sketch feature like the method above, there are ways you can try for various laptop brands. Here are various ways to screenshot on a laptop by brand that you can try according to your laptop brand. Here are the details.
Photo size can be reduced with various software, read the recommendations for the Best Photo Compress Application that you can use to reduce photo size.
How to screenshot Lenovo laptop
Are you using a Lenovo laptop? For those who use this laptop, you can follow these steps for how to screenshot on a Lenovo laptop. The steps are not very long, hence, everyone can follow them easily. The following is a review of the steps:
- Prepare a laptop to be used.
- Then, open the page or section of the display that you want to screenshot.
- After that, press the Windows key combination and printscreen. Do it simultaneously to get results.
- When it’s finished, the screen that has been taken will be saved automatically on the laptop.
- To open and view the screenshot, you just have to open windows explorer and tap on this PC. Continue by pressing the picture menu. Enter the screenshot menu. There will appear, the results of the captured image.
How to screenshot Acer laptop
Unlike the screenshot method with Lenovo, the way to screenshot on an Acer laptop is a little different. However, the way it is carried out is not that different. As for the method that is followed, it can be seen in the following section:
- First, turn on the laptop and prepare the screen page that will be screenshot.
- Then continue by pressing the print screen button on the keyboard. Usually on an Acer keyboard, there are several different key labels, such as PrtScn, PrintScr or other buttons.
- But to see the captured images, you need other software. In this case, requires software Paint.
- Open the software, then right click and press paste. Or to make things easier, you can use the combination button Ctrl + V.
- This method is suitable for any type of windows. Note, as long as the Paint application is available on the laptop.
Screenshot on Asus Laptop
One type of laptop that is widely used in Indonesia is the Asus laptop. For how to screenshot on an Asus laptop, of course, it is different from the previous laptop. The explanation is below:
- To use screenshots on an Asus laptop, follow these steps. The trick is to prepare the page to be captured (screenshot).
- After that, press the windows combination button with the button Prt sc. However, not all buttons on Asus laptops have this button. It is possible that the name of this button is different. But the location is on the top right.
- Meanwhile, to see the results of the image, it can be opened through paint as before. Or can see it through word. You do this by pressing right click or pressing Ctrl + V on that word. Later, the resulting image will appear.
For those of you who are looking for a way to remove photo backgrounds easily and quickly, please read How to Remove Photo Background Automatically. This method is suitable for all groups, beginners and professionals, as well as for those of you who are lazy to use software such as Adobe Photoshop or other photo editing applications.
Screenshot with ALT Key
On some laptops, you can use another button to take screenshots. This method is very easy to do, the results are quite satisfying. The method in question can be seen below:
- For the first step, prepare the screen to be captured. For example, a picture of a game that shows victory.
- Next press the key combination Alt + Print screen. The function of this button is to save the image to be taken.
- Meanwhile, to see the results, you can see them by entering the paint software. After that press paste by pressing right click first. Another way is to press the combination button Ctrl + V.
Long or Vertical Screenshot
For this one, it is needed by students who need complete data. The way to run it is quite easy, namely by the steps below:
- Use Google Chrome and install it by extension Awesome Screenshot. After that click the add button on chrome. If you are used to installing add-ons, you can do this more easily.
- If it is installed, the awesome screenshot icon will appear. Click on the icon then select the capture entire page menu. This option can be used to capture the entire page to be captured.
- Wait for a while, until the screenshot process is completely finished. After the process is complete, you will be directed to the lama to make edits. If it feels good, press the done button. Later, you will be given a choice in what form to save the image.
- Some of the options available are PDF files, Clipboard even for direct printing though.
For you iPhone users, if you have trouble transferring photos from your laptop to your iPhone, please read the guide to Transferring Photos from Laptop to iPhone Easily.
One more way that can be done is to use the application Lightshot. But if you don’t have it, download it first. Then follow the method below:
- If you have downloaded, continue the screenshot method on the laptop with this additional application. The way in question is to press Print Screen or PrtSc Sysrq. Do it for a few moments until the screen is a little dim.
- Select the desired area by clicking and dragging the cursor. After that, do the editing as needed and save it where you want it.
How to take a screenshot on Windows – Each of these methods, will be successful according to the ability to run it. but one thing to remember, that how to screenshot on a laptop does not require expert assistance. Just do the experiment several times and you will feel the results.