Reset iPhone is the first thing to do if you are planning to sell your iPhone or sending it for repair, then you should wipe your iPhone content and remove all your accounts or if you are facing some critical problem and not able to fix them. Here’s How to factory reset iPhone or how to reset iPhone but before that, you need to learn how to take backup of your iPhone.
How to take backup of your iPhone.
- Go to iPhone settings and tap on iCloud.
- There you will find iCloud Backup and toggle it and turn on iCloud Backup.
- Now tap on Back Up Now and stay connected with Wi-Fi network till process get completed.
- Once iCloud complete the backup, you will find Last successful backup date and time at the bottom.
Here, we will share all the possible solution for your query like: how to factory reset iPhone or how to reset iPhone to factory settings or how to reset iPhone without iTunes or how to factory reset iPhone without Passcode or How to reset iPhone without computer or how to factory reset a locked iPhone or how to reset iPhone without Password.
So if you have any of above query then read this article till the end to find all possible way to factory reset your iPhone.
1. Remove or take out your SIM card.
2. The content appears on your screen while performing the steps of may vary and depend on your version of iOS.
How to reset iPhone to factory settings via settings (Easy Solution)
(How to factory reset iPhone with Passcode or How to factory reset iPhone without iTunes)
If you want to reset your iPhone or iPad using your iPhone settings then follow the below steps:
- Open your iPhone Settings and tap on General and scroll down.
- At the bottom you will find Reset; tap on it.
- Now tap on Erase All Content and Settings.
- Once you tap on Erase All Content and Settings, It will ask you to enter your passcode or password to continue the process to reset iPhone.
- After entering the passcode or password, you need to enter your Apple ID password. It will remove all the account in which are logged in your iPhone and turn off Find My iPhone feature.
- iPhone resetting will take one or two minutes, and after that, you will see the welcome screen.
Now you are ready to sell your iPhone or send it for repair.
How to factory reset a locked iPhone
If you want to restart your iPhone and it is locked, but none of the buttons works then follow the below steps to hard reset an iPhone.
How to reset iPhone 6/6S and other
- Hold the power button with the home button simultaneously and
- Wait until iPhone turns off and Apple logo appears.
How to factory reset iPhone 7 and 7Plus
- Press and hold both the Wake or Sleep button with Volume down button simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, until Apple log appears in your iPhone.
- Once Apple log appears; release both the buttons and wait for few seconds and let your iPhone boot up.
Now your iPhone or iPad will be back to normal and start normally.
How to reset iPhone without Computer
This kind of factory rest is hard reset, and this may be a good solution if you are facing the following problems:
- Freezing iPhone.
- Some of the feature and function of iPhone is not working correctly.
- Your iPhone is effect by a virus.
How to reset iPhone with iTunes (Best solution)
(How to factory reset iPhone without Passcode or how to factory reset iPhone without Password)
If you are willing to reset your iPhone with iTunes, then follow the below steps to learn how to factory reset iPhone with iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to a computer using cable.
- Now launch iTunes on your computer.
- Your iPhone will ask for a passcode or prompt a message with “Trust this computer”.
- After connecting your iPhone with the computer, Select your iPhone into iTunes.
- Click on Summary in the left sidebar, and it will show your iPhone details in the right side.
- On the right side of the info window, you will find Restore iPhone. Click on Restore to confirm.
- Once you confirm the restore; iTunes will start factory resetting process and install the latest iOS.
- Once the latest iOS is installed; your iPhone will restart as brand new one.
How to factory reset iPhone using Find My iPhone.
If you have enabled Find My iPhone feature then using this method you can factory reset your iPhone and if you don’t know how to turn on Find My iPhone read here.
- Open iPhone settings.
- Tap on iCloud.
- There you will find option Find My iPhone. Tap on it.
How to remotely factory reset iPhone with Find My iPhone feature.
- Open your favourite browser on your computer and go to iCloud.com.
- Log in iCloud.com with your Apple ID and password.
- Go to Find My iPhone and select your iPhone under All Devices.
- Once you select your iPhone iCloud will ask to select an option out of three:
- Play sound;
- Lost mode;
- Erase iPhone
- Select last option, i.e. Erase iPhone.
You are done here. If you are still facing any kind problem in resetting your iPhone ask in the comment section.