Internet Download Manager (IDM) Often problems with Google Chrome, the most common thing is that the IDM feature does not appear in Google Chrome when downloading something.
Here are some important points that will be discussed thoroughly in this article regarding the problem of IDM not appearing in Chrome and how to display and activate IDM in Chrome:
- IDM Chrome Doesn’t Appear
- Causes of IDM Not Appearing in Chrome
- Add IDM to Chrome
- IDM settings for browsers
- Adding IDM Extensions
- Enabling IDM Extension from Chrome Web Store
- Update IDM to the Latest Version
Troubleshooting Internet Download Manager (IDM) Extensions in Google Chrome
Internet Download Manager or often abbreviated as IDM is an application that is widely used for downloading files, music, videos and documents.
This software developed by Tonec Inc can download files at a faster speed than manually downloading via Google Chrome.
However, many IDM users have problems with Google Chrome. The most common problem is that IDM does not appear in Chrome which causes a lot of files and media that cannot be downloaded directly using this very popular download software.
This article will provide solutions to be able to activate and display IDM in Chrome in several easy ways. Check out the important points from Techhow which will be discussed in the article below.
Frequently Experienced Problems. Is Your Problem On This List?
There are several kinds of issues related to IDM extension not appearing in Chrome browser. But what you often encounter is that there are no download buttons on many sites such as YouTube and Facebook.
Here are some of the most frequently encountered problems related to IDM, check one of the problems below and do you also experience any of the problems below? Here’s a list of the problems:
- You install IDM software but it is not integrated in the Google Chrome web browser so you cannot use IDM and cannot download something from Chrome using IDM.
- You updated IDM version or updated Google Chrome version which caused IDM to stop working on Chrome.
- When you check the extensions page chrome: // extensions but there is no IDM extension for Chrome.
- When manually installing IDM extensions, you get a message “Apps, extensions, and user scripts cannot be added from this website.”
- IDM extension is on Chrome but not working.
- Messages often appear “You have an obsolete Google Chrome browser integration, or Google Chrome integration is not installed. Would you like to read how to fix it? ”
- An error message appears, namely “Not from Chrome Web Store. This extension violates the Chrome Web Store Policy. ” or “Google has flagged IDM Integration as malicious and installation has been prevented.” when trying to install IDM extension in Chrome.
- An error message appears “Suspicious extensions disabled. To make Chrome safer, we disabled some extensions that aren’t listed in the Chrome Web Store and may have been added without your knowledge. “
- IDM extension broken with message “This extension may have been corrupted.”
If you encounter one of the IDM problems above, please read the solutions we have provided below.
Causes of IDM not appearing in Chrome
The causes of all the problems above can vary, but most often it is because IDM has not been updated to a new version while the Google Chrome browser has been updated to a newer version or vice versa.
Another reason is because Chrome has detected that this extension is against their rules. Without the IDM extension which is often referred to as IDM Integration Module in Chrome then you can’t use IDM feature to download something from Chrome.
Some Ways to Add IDM Extensions in Chrome
Techhow will provide several solutions that you can do to be able to bring back the IDM extension on Google Chrome. Here are some ways to activate IDM in Chrome that you can try:
Solution 1 How to set IDM for Chrome browser
The first way is done in IDM software directly. Here’s how to solve it:
- Open the Internet Download Manager (IDM) software on your laptop or PC.
- Select menu Downloads > Options.
- After that open the tab General and see section Capture downloads from the following browsers and tick Chrome or all browsers installed on your laptop.
- Then choose OK.
Note: If there is no Google Chrome in the list then select it Add Browser then find the file Chrome.exe on your laptop.
Solution 2 How to Install IDM Extensions Manually
If the first solution doesn’t work, please try this second solution. This method is a manual way by forcibly adding IDM extensions and manually into the Chrome extension list. Here are the steps for adding IDM to Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Select the three-dot button (3-dots menu) at the top right of the browser, then select it More Tools> Extensions. Alternative way: type chrome: // extensions in the Chrome browser URL then Enter.
- After that, open it Windows Explorer or press a key combination Windows + E simultaneously then access to the location where IDM is installed. Usually located at: C: Program Files (x86) Internet Download Manager or C: Program Files Internet Download Manager.
- After that look for the file IDMGCExt.crx or files IDMGCExt in the folder Internet Download Manager.
- Next drag and drop the IDMGCExt file earlier in the list of Google Chrome extensions. If writing appears “Extensions, apps, and themes can harm your computer. Are you sure you want to continue? “ then click Continue.
- The IDM extension is already installed into Google Chrome.
This method works to solve IDM not appearing in Chrome in general. However, if that doesn’t work, please try the third solution.
Solution 3 Download IDM extension on Chrome Web Store
If the two methods above don’t work, try the third method, namely by adding the original IDM extension on the Chrome Web Store and installing it into the Google Chrome browser. Here are the steps to install IDM extension to Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and Download the IDM Extension for Chrome.
- After that click the button Add to Chrome.
- After that a confirmation message will appear and select Add Extension.
Solution 4 Update Internet Download Manager (IDM) Version
The last way is to update the IDM version to the latest version. However, this way NOT APPLICABLE for IDM which is not original alias crack. Only applies to IDM full original version. Here’s how to update IDM to a newer version:
- Open IDM.
- Select menu Help> Check for Updates.
- If an IDM update is available then a new version will be downloaded. If not, IDM will notify you if the installed IDM is the latest version of IDM at this time.
Conclusion There are several ways to overcome IDM not appearing in Chrome
How is the result? Hopefully one of the solutions above can solve the IDM problem not appearing in the Chrome browser. Suggestion Techhow the last is to buy the original IDM license so that unwanted problems do not occur.