Lock Folder with Software
Laptops are everything for those who work with laptops all day long. In it will be available various valuable files stored in their respective folders. Some of them may be files that no one else wants to know. Therefore, you must know how to lock folders with software and applications.
So how to lock a folder on a laptop is used so that no one opens it carelessly and the contents of the folder circulate widely. The use of a folder lock, actually can be used without an application, namely locking folders with a password and locking folders with encryption.
However, if you are using it, it will require some code to be entered. So how to lock a folder with encryption or a password is deemed difficult and not suitable to run.
2 Ways to Lock Folders on a Laptop with Applications / Software
Here are some applications that can be used to lock important folders on a laptop with software. You can choose one of the applications and feel the benefits of using it. Here’s the full review,
1. Lock Folder With 7Zip
An application that is widely used and considered easy to provide a password is the Zip application. This application can be found easily on search engines and can be obtained online free.
Here’s how to lock folders with 7Zip software:
- Download 7Zip then install on the laptop. Please download according to your Windows version, you can 32-bit and 64-bit.
- After that Run 7Zip and find the folder you want to lock.
- After that, follow this method to do compression. In the Archive, specify a location where to store files that have been compressed and locked. To determine the compression format please set in the section Archive Format, you can choose the format .zip or .tar. To lock a folder please set it in section Encryption, enter the password in the box provided. Don’t forget to check the password that you have written by checking the options Show Password.
- Press OK to lock a folder using 7Zip.
- If so, open the folder / compression location that you created earlier. Please open the file and enter the password that you specified earlier to test whether the file can be opened correctly and smoothly.
- It’s finished and the laptop’s important data folder has been locked and compressed by the 7Zip software.
Apart from using software, folders can also be locked in several other ways. Curious? Read the previous article with How to Lock Folders on a Laptop Easily and Practically.
2. Lock Folder With My Secret Folder
One more application that can be used as an option is the secret folder. This application can be used easily and does not have too much memory, but this software is paid with a free trial for 30 days. So it is suitable to be placed on a laptop or PC with minimal memory. So, how do you use it?
- Download My Secret Folder and install the software on your laptop or PC.
- After the install process is complete, open My Secret Folder and start the folder lock process.
- Create a folder and the location where you store your secret folder. The trick is to click Browse and find the location of your secret folder or create it if you haven’t created a secret folder location before.
- Then Next and create a password by clicking on Create a Password and write the password in the box provided and press OK If it is already.
- Then Next and OK, the folder lock process has been completed and the locked folder has disappeared.
- To unlock, please open My Secret Folder and unlock the folder with enter a password which you made earlier.
Folder lock can also be done using the Encrypt method and password. Read the guide in the previous article on How To Password Lock Folders and How To Easily Lock Folders With Encryption.
An alternative way to lock folders in Windows
Apart from using 7Zip and My Secret Folder, you can also lock folders in Windows without using additional software, namely by locking folders with encryption and locking folders with passwords.
Please click the image below to find out and read the folder lock tutorial without applications and software.
Those are some how to lock a folder on a laptop what you can do. Choose one of them to help save the folder in question. So, what are the benefits of locking folders?