Have you ever experienced ads appearing suddenly on Google Chrome? Chances are it is malware or adware that infected your Chrome browser. If that’s the case, follow our guide and how to get rid of ads on Chrome including pop-ups, slob ads and ad redirects.
Here are some points which we will discuss version Techhow.org:
- Pop-Up Ad Definition?
- Causes of Ads Appearing
- Solution 1: Setting Pop-Up & Clean Up Chrome
- Solution 2: Reset Google Chrome
- Solution 3: Perform the Clean Up Process of the Computer
- Solution 4: Scan for Adware with Malwarebytes
- Risk of Malware and Adware Infection of Chrome
What are Pop-up Ads?
Pop-ups are a type of ad that appears suddenly, either on a PC or in this case Google Chrome. All users admit that this type of advertisement is very annoying, especially the ads that appear are adult ads or malware.
This is even more so if the ad contains sound or video, let alone a dirty ad that cannot be closed. The position of pop-up ads on Chrome usually appears in the lower right position of the browser or PC.
If you have this problem, please check the article Techhow This will discuss solutions and guides on how to get rid of annoying ads on Google Chrome including pop-up ads. You can do this on all versions of Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 and macOS.
The Cause of Chrome Many Ads Suddenly
We don’t even realize that our Google Chrome has been infiltrated by malware which causes many advertisements to appear suddenly on Chrome, like pop-ups.
If you are wondering why your Google Chrome adverts often appear suddenly? Here are some answers:
- You are visiting a site that contains non-aggressive advertising. Some of the sites or blogs aim to earn income. There are countless ad providers providing obscure and untrusted advertisements. Therefore, if you visit a site with this model, your Google Chrome browser will be easily infiltrated by advertisements.
- Installing Chrome extensions from unknown sources may be your Chrome browser is suddenly full of advertisements because you have installed a Chrome extension that comes from an unknown source. This causes this extension to sneak ads and malware into your browser because Chrome access was allowed when the extension was installed.
- Installing software that contains malware on a PC If it’s not because of the extension, try checking the programs installed on your PC. Have you ever installed a software but didn’t realize that the software contains malware. Therefore, Google Chrome may appear ads due to installing these programs. If this is the case with the Chrome browser, please try these four methods of getting rid of annoying ads in Chrome.
Solution 1 Pop-up Settings in Chrome
The first solution is to set pop-up settings in Google Chrome settings. This is the easiest way to prevent pop-up ads from appearing again.
Follow the guide on how to set pop-up settings in Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click menu point three at the top right of the browser then select Settings or type chrome: // settings in your Chrome browser url box.Google Chrome Settings” width=”941″ height=”575″ data-lazy-=”” data-recalc-dims=”1″ />
- Then type ‘pop-ups‘in the Chrome settings search box. Open Site Settings > Pop-ups and redirects.
- After that, check whether the pop-ups are set Allowed or Blocked. If Allowed then change it to Blocked.
- The final step is to close and re-open Google Chrome.
If you have a problem with the Internet Download Manager (IDM) extension in Google Chrome. Follow the guide to resolve IDM not appearing in Chrome. There are several methods that you can practice to be able to bring back IDM extensions and download files via IDM in Chrome.
Solution 2 Reset Google Chrome
The second way is to reset Chrome. For the latest Chrome update, this feature is no longer standalone. You can access this feature on the Google Chrome settings page.
Here’s how to reset Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome settings by typing chrome: // settings in the browser URL and press Enter.
- Search by keyword ‘restore settings‘in the settings search box and select a setting Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Then select the button Reset Settings and wait a minute.
- Your Google Chrome has been restored with the original settings.
Solution 3 Perform Clean Up Computer from Chrome
The third solution is to clean the computer from malware and adware. You can do this through Google Chrome’s settings.
Below are step by step how to clean up computer from Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Type chrome: // settings in the Chrome URL box to open Google Chrome settings.
- Look for cleaning settings with the keyword ‘clean up‘and open the selection result Clean up the computer.
- On choice Find harmful software Press the button Find to initiate a search for malware.
- Close and restart the browser.
Google Chrome is one of the favorite browsers and is widely used by Android users. Apart from Chrome, there are many browsers that you can install on Android. Here are some recommendations for the best browsers on Android.
Solution 4 to get rid of Chrome ad spam with software
For the fourth solution to get rid of annoying ads on Chrome such as pop-ad, we will use an anti-malware software, namely Malwarebytes Free. This software has been widely recognized as an antidote and destroyer of viruses on computers, including Google Chrome.
Immediately, here is how to get rid of ads on Google Chrome with Malwarebytes:
- Download and install Malwarebytes Free. If you want to download this software, please access it download link this.
- Open the Malwarebytes software and select the button Scan to initiate the process of scanning for malware and viruses on PCs, including Google Chrome.
- Wait until the scan is complete.
- The report will appear after the scan is complete and then select Quarantine.
- If the permission dialog box appears to restart again, select it Yes. Because restarting the PC is the last step to delete all the files and malware that were detected earlier.
- After restarting then select Done for the final process to quarantine all malware infected files, including removing ads from Google Chrome.
Chrome Risks Appearing Spam Ads (Pop-Ad)
There are many resitu caused by ads appearing on Google Chrome, including pop-ad ads. Here are some of the risks you might face if your Chrome browser is infected with adware:
- The browser will open without any instructions from the user The most likely thing is that your Chrome browser tab will open automatically without taking any action. If this happens then you can be sure that your Google Chrome has been infected with malware and adware. So immediately do the steps above to solve this problem.
- Files in the PC directory will be infected There is a possibility that files and documents on your local PC will be exposed to similar malware and adware. Of course this will be fatal, because these files could not be opened or deleted by the malware earlier.
- You will be constantly bothered by pop-ads Well, this one risk always annoys anyone who has been exposed to malware and adware on their Chrome. How not, every time we open or browse through Chrome, which is already infected, pop-ads will always appear which of course will interfere with your activities.
- Google Chrome will eat up a lot of RAM Another risk that can be caused by malware and adware in Chrome is that your memory or RAM will fill up quickly without opening many tabs or doing strenuous activities. This will result in PC performance which of course will slow down.
The cache generated by Google Chrome is one of the ‘junk’ which makes PC sluggish. Don’t worry, you can clear cache from Google Chrome with the guide in the article how to clear Google Chrome cache.
Conclusion Pop-Ad Ads in Chrome Can Be Removed
The point of discussion in this article is that if your Google Chrome has been infected with adware and malware, then immediately take the above actions. If not, you will continue to be annoyed by advertisements that appear in the browser and the worst of your PC can be affected by this.
What you have to remember is not to do things that are uncertain and open web pages that are unclear and cannot be trusted. Of course, you also have to be observant when installing software, because software and freeware are now being inserted by advertisements and access to other software.