There are many solutions and ways to activate a microphone on a Windows 10 laptop or connect and set a headset as a microphone for use in Windows 10. This Techhow article will provide some important points such as:
Windows 10 Microphone Settings
Microphone is one of the hardware or features that you can use in Windows 10. However, there are times when this feature does not work or has not been activated in Windows 10 that you are currently using.
Sometimes, after reinstalling or upgrading Windows 10, the microphone will be disabled by default. Don’t rush to say that your microphone is damaged.
4 Ways To Settings To Enable Microphone In Windows 10
There are several ways you can adjust and activate the microphone in Windows 10. This article will provide a tutorial and how to easily activate the microphone feature on Windows 10.
Solution 1. Enabling microphone through Windows 10 Device Manager
The first way to activate the microphone is through the Device Manager settings which are available in all versions of Windows 10. Here is how to enable the microphone through the device manager in a few steps:
- Access WinX Menu by pressing the button Windows + X simultaneously then select Device Manager.
- After the Device Manager window opens, then select settings Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
- After that select it and right click on sound card currently installed on Windows 10 and select it Enable Driver.
- After that Restart the PC to improve the microphone enable in Windows 10.
Note: After restarting, the microphone feature will be active again. However, if it is not active or there is a yellow warning icon in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers section, then right-click on the sound card driver then uninstall the driver.
After that, restart your PC or laptop again and the sound card driver will be reinstalled automatically by the Windows 10 system. If this method doesn’t work then please try Solution 2 below.
Also, learn how to properly update the Windows 10 version. Read more in the article How to Update Windows 10.
Solution 2. Enabling Windows 10 Microphone via Sound Settings
The next solution that you can do to re-enable the mic feature in Windows 10 is to do some easy settings in the Sound settings. Here are the easy steps to enable the microphone via Sound settings in Windows 10:
- Press the keyboard key combination Windows + S and type Sound Settings.
- Once open, look at the bar on the right and select it Sound Control Panel.
- Then select the second tab namely Recording.
- Select the recording or microphone connected to the laptop then right click and select Enable. Note: If the microphone icon does not appear, right click on the empty box and select Show Disabled Devices.
- Then choose OK and done.
Your Windows 10 laptop or PC is slow to turn on? Read and learn how to speed up booting Windows 10 correctly and easily.
Solution 3. How to set microphone from Windows Settings
The third way is to activate the microphone using Windows Settings. This is also an easy way to activate the mic feature in Windows 10. Follow the method below to activate the microphone via Windows 10 Settings:
- Open Windows Settings by pressing the key combination Windows + I on the keyboard.
- Then select next Privacy.
- Then select the tab Microphone in the menu to the right of the settings.
- Tick Let apps use my microphone Becomes On.
- Finish and close the Windows Settings window.
If you have frequent problems with the Windows 10 system, one way to fix the problem is through Safe Mode. Read the guide on How to Enter Windows 10 Safe Mode.
Solution 4.How to activate the headset microphone on a Windows 10 laptop through the Control Panel
The last way that can be done is to activate the mic via the Control Panel. Follow the step-by-step below to set the microphone via the Ease of Access menu in Windows 10 Control Panel:
- Access Control Panel. You do this by pressing the combination button on the keyboard Windows + R to open a dialog box Run and type Control Panel then press Enter.
- Select the Ease of Access Menu. After the Control Panel configuration window opens, select it Ease of Access.
- After that select Speech Recognition and choose Set up the microphone.
- Then select the type of microphone that is connected to a laptop or PC. You can choose between Headset Microphone or Desktop Microphone. In this case it will use Headset Microphone. Then press Next.
- After that use the headset properly and place the microphone near your mouth as in the image displayed by Windows. Make sure the headset volume mute button is OFF. Then choose Next.
- The next step a sentence will appear that you can read to detect the headset already connected to your Windows 10 laptop (Text to read: Peter dictates to his computer. He prefers it to typing, and particularly prefers it to pen and paper. “). If you have pressed Next.
- If so, the writing will appear Your microphone is now set up and press Finish.
Learn how to clear Windows 10 laptop cache regularly so that laptop performance is fast and not slow. For Windows 10 users, don’t forget to clear the Windows Update cache!
Conclusion: Windows 10 microphone can be adjusted in several easy ways
Those are some ways to activate the microphone on a Windows 10 laptop that you can try to adjust the microphone so that it is read by the laptop and can be used for sound input purposes.