This article is a guide and how to download subtitles on YouTube. How to download subtitles from YouTube videos? Below are the topics of discussion for this article:
YouTube CC (Closed Captions) Subtitle Feature
Subtitles are text that accompanies a video that explains what is being discussed in a video or film. YouTube currently has a subtitle feature with the name Youtube CC (Closed Captions) or YouTube subtitles.
Professional YouTube content creators usually provide subtitles in multiple languages for their subscribers. However, if the content creator doesn’t upload subtitles, YouTube will automatically provide automatic subtitles according to the language in the video.
However, if you download a YouTube video to watch offline, the subtitles will not download. You have to download YouTube subtitles manually. If you are confused, then the article Techhow will provide some solutions and how to download subtitles on Youtube. Enjoy reading the guide below!
How to Download Subtitles from YouTube Videos
There are several ways to download YouTube subtitles that you can do, such as downloading subtitles using the YouTube subtitles download site (YouTube Subtitle Downloader), use the app and download subtitles from Android.
Here’s an explanation of some of the solutions for downloading subtitles from YouTube videos:
Method 1. How to Download Subtitles on YouTube with DownSub
DownSub is one of the most widely used YouTube subtitle download sites. You can download YouTube subtitles for free.
Here’s how to download subtitles on YouTube:
- Open YouTube and search for the video you want to download the subtitles for.
- If so, then copy the URL of the video.
- Then open the site DownSub and paste the YouTube video URL into the box provided.
- Then click the ‘buttonDownload‘and wait for the download subtitles button to appear.
- Choose between two subtitle options namely between TXT and SRT. And click one of the buttons’TXT‘or’SRT‘to download the subtitles for the YouTube video.
- Subtitles can already be used on YouTube videos to watch offline. The subtitle file will look like the image below when opened with Notepad ++:
Note: The method above will only download the subtitle file without downloading the video. If you want to download videos + subtitles, please try how to download YouTube videos with subtitles.
Method 2.Chrome extension: YouTube Subtitle Downloader
For Google Chrome users, you can download YouTube video subtitles using only a browser extension. This extension is YouTube Subtitle Downloader.
Here’s how to install and download YouTube video subtitles with Google Chrome:
- REQUIRED: You must use the Google Chrome browser.
- Then open the Google Chrome extension page with a click extension link this.
- Then click the ‘buttonAdd to Chrome‘.
Then the installation permission pop-up window will appear and select the button ‘Add extension ‘ to start the installation and wait for the extension to install in the browser.
- If the extension is installed, then open YouTube and find the video that you want to download the subtitles for. At the bottom of the video there will be subtitle links from various available languages. Click on the link and the subtitles will be downloaded automatically in the form SRT.
- The final step is to open the video that you downloaded earlier and insert the SRT file into the video (of course the same video where you downloaded the subtitles) to add the subtitles to the video to be watched offline.
Note: This method will only download the subtitle file without video.
Method 3. How to Download YouTube Subtitles on Android
Android users can also download subtitles via an Android smartphone. The method below will only download the subtitle SRT file without video. To download videos, please read how to download YouTube videos on Android.
Here’s how to download YouTube video subtitles from Android:
- Open one of your best browsers on Android.
- Then open YouTube through a browser and please find the video you want to download the subtitles for. Then copy the video link.
- After the link is copied then open a new tab and open the site VidPaw.com and paste the video link that was copied earlier into the box provided.
Then click the button ‘Download‘and wait for the subtitles to appear.
- Select one of the subtitles you want to download and click the ‘buttonDownload‘again to start downloading the subtitle file to Android.
- The SRT subtitle file will be downloaded automatically and the file will look like the image below.
Speaking of Android, do you know that you can easily download YouTube videos from Android? If not, please open the guide and how to download YouTube videos on Android.
YouTube Subtitle Download Application and Site
There are many sites to download subtitles from YouTube videos apart from DownSub. Here are some YouTube subtitle downloader sites that you can use to download subtitles from YouTube and you can use this method for the sites below:
How to Download YouTube Videos with Subtitles
If you are looking for how to download YouTube videos with subtitles, then please read the tutorial below about downloading videos + subtitles from YouTube:
- Open YouTube and copy the YouTube video link.
- Download and install the application 4K Video Downloader.
- Open the 4K Video Downloader app and select the button ‘Paste the link‘and wait for the link to go through the parsing process.
- Then the YouTube video download options dialog box with subtitles will appear. Select the size of the video resolution you want to download then select the subtitle language that you want to download as well Download Subtitles. Then click the ‘buttonDownload‘.
- The video will download automatically on the 4K Video Downloader screen.
- If the video is finished, the video can be played offline. Right click on the downloaded video then select ‘Show in Folder‘, the video storage location will open.
- Videos ready to watch with subtitles.
Conclusion: YouTube subtitles can be downloaded easily along with videos
What about the guidelines in this article? Can be practiced easily right? Those are some recommendations for how to download subtitles on YouTube easily and can be practiced even by beginners.
Take advantage of social media and the YouTube platform for useful and positive purposes.