Without you knowing, actually the application Google Maps continue to scan locations wherever you go default. Actually there is a way rather this map application does not constantly “stalk” your trip. We will give you tips on how to delete Google Maps History automatically.
If you do not change the settings in the application, the location history wherever you go will be recorded in the Google Maps application. You can delete the history. But it will certainly be troublesome if it has to be done manually.
Luckily Google has recently launched new features for the application Google Maps, where users can delete the Google Maps history automatically. For you who are curious, because this feature will certainly be very important for you, see the following tips.
- Open the Google Maps Application on iPhone or Android.
- Tap the menu at the top left of the application.
- Select “Your Timeline”
- Tap the three dots on the top right of the screen.
- Select “Settings and Privacy”
- Select “Automatically Delete Location History
- You can choose the available settings, among others “Keep until I Delete Manually” or “Keep for 18 Months” and “Keep for 3 Months.
- To delete automatically you can choose “Keep for 18 months” or “Keep for 3 months. Then your Google Maps will automatically delete history according to the time you specify.
- Select Next dialog box will appear, whether you will be sure to delete the Google Maps history according to the duration you want.
- Check the checkboxes, and tap confirm
With the tips to delete Google Maps history automatically above, of course you no longer need to worry about your location history stored forever on Google Maps.
Indeed, the location history feature will be a bit useful for remembering, wherever we have traveled for the past few years. But on the other hand, this feature is rather “scary” because it makes us always feel watched by Google Maps.
Especially if for example the data is leaked and misused by irresponsible people, undesirable things can certainly happen.