Need a guide on how to join PDF files? This Techhow article will thoroughly explore a quick, easy and suitable guide for beginners on how to combine PDFs.
The following are some of the discussion topics that we will discuss in the article below:
- PDF Merger & Joiner
- Online PDF Merger
- SmallPDF Merger
- PDF Merger Website
- Merge PDF in Windows
- PDFsam Basic
- Adobe Reader DC
- Merge PDFs on MacOS
- How to Combine Two PDFs
- Merge PDF Pages With Other PDFs
Merger PDF & PDF Files
PDF files are a document format that is widely used for online purposes. It is a must to be able to convert files with other formats to PDF format and also from PDF to documents with other formats, the most common of which are .docx (Microsoft Word document format).
Apart from changing the format, another thing you should know is how to combine two or more PDF files into one complete PDF document. So, in this article, Techhow.com will provide guidance on how to combine PDF files into a unified whole.
The tutorial in this article will cover how to merge PDF files online, use PDF merge software, merge PDFs on Windows or those of you who use MacOS. So, here are some ways to combine PDF documents easily and quickly.
How to Combine PDFs Online
The first guide is the simplest way, namely how to merge PDFs using the online tools that we often call Online PDF Merger or Online PDF Combiner.
1. Merge PDF with Online PDF Merger
Techhow will use the help of an online application on the smallpdf.com site which has the Merge PDF feature. Here’s how to combine PDF files with Online PDF Merger:
- Open the site SmallPDF.com from your browser.
- Then choose Choose File to select which PDF files we will combine into one complete PDF file and select Open.
- After selecting several PDF documents, then then set the order of the PDF documents as you want Drag and Drop by using the mouse. Also see if the position of the PDF file is correct landscape or portrait which you can adjust with the feature Rotate.
- After the PDF sequence is correct, press Merge PDF! To combine these PDF files.
- Wait a moment and download the PDF file / document that has been merged by PDF Merger to your local partition or PC by pressing a button Download.
Note: How to combine PDFs online is the easiest way you can do, but on the condition that you have to have an internet connection, OK!
Another Free Merger PDF Online Website
Apart from SmallPDF.com, there are many other PDF Merger or PDF Combiner sites. Here are some of the most trusted and easy to use online PDF combining sites:
You can use the PDF merger online site above for free. Take advantage of this method as it is the easiest way to merge PDF files.
For your information, sometimes there are PDF files that can’t be opened. The cause may be corrupt or there are certain problems. Follow this guide on how to open an unopened PDF file to solve the problem with your PDF file.
Combine PDF with Software in Windows
The next guide we will combine PDF files using software on Windows. I am using Windows 10 in this experiment. But you can also use other versions of Windows such as Windows 7 and Windows 8.
The PDF merge application we will use is Adobe Reader DC (Free Free Trial) and PDFsam: PSD Split and Merge (Free). This Adobe software is actually paid for, but you can download and use Adobe Reader for free during the trial period. So don’t worry, you can practice the method below for free without paying.
2. Merge PDF with PDFsam
Here’s a guide to combining two PDF files with PDFsam software for free and fast:
- Install software PDFsam first on the PC. If there isn’t, download it first at the link: Download PDF Split and Merge for Windows.
- Once installed then open the PDFsam application and select Merge.
- Then choose Add to add the PDF files that you will combine. Can be two documents, three documents and so on.
- The next step after adding the PDF file, make sure the PDF order is correct. If you haven’t used the feature Move Up scroll files up one order or Move Down to scroll the file down one order.
- After the file order is correct then Rename name the merged PDF and change the location where the merged PDF is saved in the section Destination File.
- After everything is in order, click Run and wait a minute.
- choose Open to check whether the PDF file that has been successfully merged is correct as you want.
- It’s finished and the PDF files have been successfully combined into one PDF document as a whole.
Note: PDFsam is a free software developed by Sober Lemur. With this software, you can also split PDF files or Split PDF files.
3. Merge PDF with Adobe Reader DC
Here’s how to combine PDF files with Adobe Reader DC free and easy:
- Install software Adobe Reader DC. If you don’t have this software, please download it first at the link beside: Download Adobe Reader for Windows.
- If already installed, please open Reader and select menu Tools at the top then select Combine files.
- After that select Add Files to select the PDF documents to combine.
- Then set the layout and check whether the PDF document is correct or not. Use features Drag and Drop use your mouse to move the PDF file into the order. Use features Delete to delete PDF files that you don’t want to merge.
- After the PDF files are organized and in order, then click Combine Files to start merging these PDF files and wait a few moments for the PDF merge process.
- When finished, rename the combined PDF file with the name of the document you want and save it with the click of a button Save.
- Done and don’t forget to check if the PDF merge is correct.
Note: Adobe Reader DC is a paid application, but you can use Acrobat for PDF Merger (PDF Merger) for free by utilizing the free trial feature of this application.
Combine PDF with Software on MacOS
This guide section is specifically for you MacOS users. Apple already provides a default application or a default feature on the Macbook to be able to combine PDF files.
The guide below will explain how to combine two PDF files and how to combine parts of a PDF file with other parts of a PDF as follows:
4. Merging Two PDF Files on MacOS
Below is how to join two PDF files via MacOS:
- Open the PDF file storage location on your Macbook then open the PDF with Preview.
- choose View > Thumbnails to bring up the PDF thumbnails in the sidebar area.
- To select PDF merge and insert another PDF to merge select one of the thumbnail PDF pages in the sidebar area.
- Then choose Edit > Insert > Page From File. Then select the PDF file you want to insert and combine with the PDF file that was opened earlier and select it Open.
- Then start merging in a way Drag and Drop from one PDF file to another PDF file.
- After that, save it by selecting File then clicking Export as PDF.
- Two PDF files have been combined successfully.
5. Combining Parts of a PDF File with Other PDFs
Here’s how to combine and insert parts of a PDF file with other PDF documents:
- Open all PDF files that you want to combine in Preview.
- In each PDF document, open thumbnails mode by selecting it View > Thumbnails to display PDF thumbnails in the sidebar area.
- MacOS Sierra and below: Press and hold the button Command on the keyboard then select the thumbnail of the PDF page (PDF section) that you want to combine with another PDF document and release the Command key.MacOS Sierra and up: Simply drag a thumbnail from a PDF section to another PDF document and then drop it on another PDF thumbnail section to combine that PDF part into another PDF.
- Then choose Files > Export as PDF to save the PDF document that was put together earlier.
Note: You can do this method if you want to combine one of the PDF pages with other PDF files. If you want to combine two or more PDF documents, please use the first method in the MacOS section above.
Image sources for PDF file merge content needs on MacOS are howtogeek.com.
Conclusion Merging PDF Files Can Be Done Easily and Quickly
Done combining PDF files the way you want? What do you think? Very easy, right? Merging two PDF files doesn’t require certain skills and you can practice them easily. Read other articles on PDF.