What do you need to know about cache? The following is a discussion topic about cache and how to clear cache on a Windows OS laptop according to Techhow.com:
- Definition of Cache.
- Cache Storage Location.
- How to Clear Windows Cache.
- Clear Cache With CCleaner.
- Windows Disk Cleanup.
- Using CMD To Clear Cache.
- Clear Windows 10 Cache.
- How to Clear Cache in Google Chrome.
Clear Cache on Windows OS Laptop
How to Clear Cache on a Laptop – Laptops are now no longer an expensive item. Almost every home now has a laptop that is designed according to their needs, such as work or supporting education.
Even though they are very familiar with the various uses of laptops, not many know how to clear cache on a laptop. Even though this is very important to know, in order to keep the laptop fast and is a way to keep the laptop from being slow and heavy.
Every application and software on a laptop has its own trash. Hence, you should perform cache wiping periodically. The goal, so that the laptop is not too heavy and can work optimally.
Feel important about this? For that, here are some ways to easily clear cache on a laptop. How to do it? Check out some ways to clear cache on your Windows laptop.
What is Cache?
So, what is meant by cache? Before getting too far into clearing cache on a laptop, it’s a good idea to know what is cache?. Cache is a collection of data that is not permanent on a laptop and is generated by applications that you install on your laptop.
Windows requires cache, whenever needed. The cache itself is hidden in many places in Windows. So, to find out whether a cache is available, do periodic cleaning.
Cache is actually needed to improve laptop performance so that it is not slow. Because Windows doesn’t have to create initial data and only needs to retrieve it from cache.
Unfortunately, even though it works for laptop performance, cache takes up a lot of data storage space. Therefore, it takes cache cleaning repeatedly, so that the laptop can work optimally. Further reading for File Caching.
Where is the Windows Cache?
Now for this question, the answer is cache in Windows is in some hidden place. Therefore it is highly recommended to check all of these places so that the process’clear cache‘on your laptop runs fine and keeps your computer fast and slow.
The following are some of the cache places found in Windows:
- Temporary Files – Application and software installation cache
- Thumbnail Cache – Image and video cache
- Windows Update Cache – Cache of former Windows version updates
- Windows Store Cache – Application storage cache in the store
- System Restore Cache – Windows old data storage cache
- DNS Cache – Route cache of Wesbite addresses that you have visited
- Browser Cache – Cache of website data that you have visited in the browser
5 Ways to Clear Cache on Laptops and PCs
techhow.org – The method presented below is a method that can be done to clean and clear cache on a laptop. This method is suitable for those of you who use the Windows operating system, be it Windows 7 or Windows 10.
Further explanation can be listened to below:
If you are not satisfied with the above performance, you can use the CCleaner application as a solution. However, to get this application, you have to download it beforehand.
Techhow author has made a special article on how to clean the Windows cache using CCleaner.
We recommend reading how to use CCleaner to clean laptop cache. Read the full article how to use CCleaner to clear Windows cache.
Clearing the cache can speed up the performance of the laptop and booting the operating system, especially laptops with the Windows 10 operating system. Apart from this, there are many factors that affect the boot speed of Windows 10. Read the things that affect Windows 10 Boot speed.
Windows Disk Cleanup
No need to worry, because this application is a default application (default system application) from the Windows operating system. So there is no need to do a previous installation.
Here’s how to clear all cache on a laptop using Windows Disk Cleanup:
- First, prepare the laptop to be removed the cache. Try to prepare in advance. Then enter the Start menu.
- After entering the Start menu, continue by entering the Programs menu. Later there will be many menu options to choose from.
- From all the menus, choose the Accessories menu and select the System Tool menu. In this menu, you will find the disk cleanup menu. After entering the menu, you will find other options, namely some disks that you want to clean.
- Select the disk you want to erase the cache. You can also clear all cache on the disk by placing a tick on each disk. Then press ok and wait until the cleaning process is completely finished.
If everything has been run, check again whether the laptop is working optimally or vice versa. If your laptop is being used slowly again, try to repeat each of the steps again.
Clear Cache with CMD Command (% temp%)
Maybe when you hear this method, you start to get confused and find it difficult to do it. However, this method was successful enough to clear the cache to the maximum. As for the steps, they can be followed below
- The first step is to open a windows window on the laptop. Then continue by pressing Windows + R. Later it will enter the Run feature. In this feature enter the command% temp% and press enter.
- After you press Enter, it will be delivered to the Temporary folder. It is in this folder that cleaning each cache can be performed.
- After entering the folder, it does not mean that the steps that must be carried out are over. Because you have to go back to Windows by pressing Windows + R. As before, the Run feature will appear.
- Then, type the command Temp and press Enter. You will go to the Temporary Windows folder. Here, the command to delete unimportant files and folders can be maximally deleted.
- When doing this step, it’s best if you run it properly. Make sure that every step is carried out properly. So, the attempt to clear this cache can run smoothly.
How to clear cache on a Windows 10 laptop
For those of you who use a Windows 10 laptop, you can use this method as a way to clean the cache on the laptop so that Windows 10 is not slow and heavy. Lots of app installs can save a lot of cache on your laptop.
Well, here it is Techhow will provide a way to make your Windows 10 faster, here are the steps.
- First, enter the storage menu. To find it, you can look for it in the Settings menu.
- After that, you must enter the storage sense menu. Once in this menu, move the slider and enter the On mode.
- Then, click the change how we free up space menu. After that choose which discs to erase. If all of them, select them one by one and delete every cache on the laptop.
Windows 10 also leaves a cache for updating purposes. We recommend that you delete the update cache files after your Windows 10 is updated. Read the article how to clear cache from Windows 10 Update.
Clear Cache in Chrome
One other place that has a cache is google chrome. Its existence is not too annoying, but it still requires periodic cache deletion. To do this, you can follow the steps below,
- First, prepare the computer that will be used to clear the cache. After that, enter Google Chrome.
- After entering Google Chrome, then click on the right side. Precisely on the symbol with a dot. After entering this symbol, you will enter various menu options.
- The menu to choose from is another feature menu. then, select the clear browsing data menu. Continue by selecting the time span of the data you want to delete. If you want to delete all, select the time range all.
- So later, all cache and cookies will be deleted, as long as you use chrome. Apart from deleting cookies, you can also delete other unnecessary data. To do so, check the entire box.
- After that, click delete data. Wait a few moments until finally all the cached data will disappear.
- When you delete the cache available by other browsers, you can adjust it to the policies in that browser. If there are similarities, maybe it can do the same way this way.
If an error occurs during the cache deletion process, the operating system configuration can be restored with a System Restore. If you don’t know the function and creation of a System Restore, you should read the article about the Windows 10 Restore Point Feature.
Clear Laptop and PC Cache – Well, because there are many cache storage places on your laptop, I recommend using it way # 1 ie clear cache with CCleaner. Why? Because this application can clean the cache as a whole.
So, are you able to do it? Choose one of them to help you. This job is not too difficult, the longest time to do it is 10 to 15 minutes. When you understand it, how to clear the cache on this laptop can be repeated, when needed.