Just like Android, you iPhone users can also hide private photos or videos files on the device that you are using so that no one accesses them.
Even in this case, you don’t need to use other third-party applications, because the iOS system has explicitly a Photo application that has a feature to hide photo or video files.
In more detail, the steps for using the Photos application to hide photos or videos files on iOS, including the latest iOS version, can be done as follows:
How to hide photos on an iPhone device
- First of all, open the application Photo
- Select the photo or video file to hide
- Then select the button menu (button in the lower-left corner)
- Next, search for and select an option Hide it
- If a confirmation statement appears, then select the appropriate button
If you successfully hide a photo, the file will disappear from the standard Album. Therefore, to view pictures that have been hidden, you can enter the application Photo one more time, then open the tab Album. Next, search for and select an option Hidden under the Other Album option.
How to restore photos that have been hidden on an iPhone device
- Open that Album like when you are about to see hidden photos or videos
- Select the photo or video to be displayed again
- Tap on the button menu (button in the lower-left corner)
Interestingly, the above method can not only be used for iPhone devices. Almost all device that carries the iOS system, including iPad or iPod touch, can use the above method to hide photos or videos.
As we know, both the iPhone, iPad, are devices that use the same operating system, namely iOS. Including the latest version, all three also get the same update.
For additional information, at the newer version, iOS brings several improvements, including the built-in Photos application. This application is improved to be smarter and more personal with some of the latest features.